Monday, March 1, 2010

Do you Feel Absolutely no Concern for your Future, boy?

You won’t believe me, but I do realize the point of this blog is to talk about my move to Spain; the thing is, there’s not much to talk about right now. Apparently I have to wait until the end of this semester, finish the classes I planned to do here so I could certify them and ask for a place on the university. Summer will be a busy busy busy time for me… Right now, I’ll just continue to write creepy entries about my dog.

But I want to make clear that I’m doing an effort. I was checking again for residencies, only on Alcalá de Henares (Madrid) since I’m deciding that’s the place I want to go… I’m putting all my eggs in one basket, I know, I’m that irresponsible.

Ok, there are two places I’d like to live in… I’m actually voting for just one, but option number 2 doesn’t sound that bad after some research I made of other places, I’ll just say this: There’s a (just-girls) residency called “Slaves of Jesus Christ”.

Crossing out places that seemed a little bit strict or just plain creepy I end up with my two options that have a gym, library, pool, internet, study rooms, cleaning service, gas, electricity, water, blah blah blah.

So let’s start with option number 2, shall we?

Cardenal Cisneros

There’re a couple of pros for this place (starting with not being a slave of anybody) like that they clean your room once a week; but there’s a feature which I’m not really sure how I feel about: food service. This residency is about 100 Euros more expensive than the other (€585, exactly), but this is because it includes breakfast and lunch. I’m kind of a baby when it comes to food, so if the place serves food that I like this is a big YAY!, if it doesn’t… Well, you know.

Also, I’d have to share a bathroom. I know, I’d survive I have shared a bathroom my whole life… But I’m not looking forward to share a bathroom with a stranger.

Oh! And there are pictures of the place… Like this one:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I’m sure these girls are really happy to be here, but honestly, I don’t give a damn. I really wanted a good picture of the room.

Giner de Los Rios

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now, if I could, I’d marry this place. I don’t care if it’s just an illusion of really well-made marketing, just for the fact that they made the place look so freaking cool, I’d have sex with the building.

This place doesn’t serve food, but the room includes a kitchen, which makes my whole effort of learning how to cook worth it; AND I’d have my own bathroom… Everything for the small price of €465!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here are some pretty pictures, of course! (Without happy girls all over them)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seriously now (or something close to it) do you guys have any advice of how to choose a place?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that second place looks totally kick-ass. No wonder you're in love with it. Are you limited to on-campus housing? Because for that price, you might already be able to afford your own friggin appartment - no room service though, so you'd have to get your own champagne fridge. Maybe even your own furniture.

    Either place seems fine though. I dig girls. Just like Jesus Christ, that old pimp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is, I don’t think I’m ready to leave by my own… My plan is to live about a year or two in a residency; hopefully by then I will be a little bit used to the responsibility of not having my parents around…

    Oh, and I bet you would love to have your own set of girl slaves just like him.

    ReplyDelete